Sunday 28 October 2018

Inktober/Blogtober Crossover: Day 28

Today's prompt word was "gift," so it's time to talk PRESENTS!

We're at that time of year when I have usually started my Christmas shopping and this October is no exception.  It's one of my absolute favourite things to do and I mean that quite sincerely.  I adore buying presents for the people I love.  In fact, I love it so much that I keep a list of gift ideas for my family and closest friends on my phone all year long, then check it every time it comes up to a birthday or Christmas.

As much as I love being given presents (and I really do love that!), there is something absolutely magical about buying something you just know someone will be thrilled with.  I get really excited when I think of a gift idea that someone will love and the moment that they open it and I see the smile on their face is always a really special one.

Of course, it's also a slightly nerve-wracking one.  When you've put a lot of thought into a gift, there's always a bit of a tense moment, where you worry whether you've got it wrong.  Will they like it?  What if you've got the wrong size, colour or brand?!

Another thing I wish I could do more is make presents for people.  I currently have an idea about the way I want to present the small selection of gifts I've already bought someone for Christmas and in a moment of madness, I decided I wanted to make something to put them all in.  If I had any talent at sewing, knitting or any such stuff, that would be a great idea.  But I can barely thread a needle, so why I've hit upon such a probably foolish plan, I really don't know.  I just know that some of my favourite gifts over the years have been things someone has made for me.  I guess I want to see if I can do the same?!

But whether I make things or buy things, there are few things I love more than getting special gifts for people I really care about.  Christmas is just around the corner, so it's a hobby I can indulge. 

I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.