Tuesday 16 October 2018

Inktober/Blogtober crossover: Day 16



When I set out to use Inktober's prompt words to create a blog a day throughout October, I knew, given that the prompts were for drawings or paintings, rather than written pieces, that there would be days on which I would struggle.  And so, we come to day 16, when the word is "angular."  I've written a silly poem, because that's all my brain could come up with!


I shall never be angular,
Unless I am obtuse.
I have no time for protein shakes
Or a diet entirely of juice.

I shall never be bony,
At least until that's all that is left.
The idea of giving up chocolate
Leaves me rather bereft.

I shall never wear a size zero,
As long as cake still exists.
And you'll have to prise several pies
From within my firmly clenched fists.

Food and I have a longstanding love,
Far too great for us ever to part.
I can try to be good, but there'd always be
A bacon-shaped hole in my heart.

I'll go for walks with the dog
And try to get healthy and thinner,
But the fact of the matter is,
I permanently crave a big dinner.

So, I shall never be angular,
But curves are not something I lack.
I think I'll end this poem here
And go off to look for a snack.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.