Friday 26 October 2018

Inktober/Blogtober Crossover: Day 26



I am not bendy.

I wish I was.  I can just about touch my toes, but that's my absolute limit.

Today's Inktober prompt word is "stretch" and it made me think of yoga.

Yoga's one of those things that I'm often told is excellent for easing asthma, and since I have the lungs of a ninety-year-old chainsmoker, it's something I've always wanted to get better at.  Who doesn't want to increase their lung capacity, after all?!  Still, as much as I do try to get on board with the whole downward facing dog and so on, there's not much chance of me becoming some kind of super-lithe yogi any time soon.  If I attempt a plank, I face-plant the floor.




At work, we sometimes do very basic yoga with the children.  That's essentially my level.  The type of yoga where you sort of almost hold the pose and do an animal noise to disguise the creaking of your bones and the groaning you make when you have to stretch.  I can do that.

I still want to get a bit fitter.  I still want to get a bit bendier, if I'm honest, just so I don't make unspeakable noises of frustration when I have to tie my shoelaces...  So, perhaps yoga is something I'll persevere with.  If I do more stretching, it has to yield results, right?!

If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears.

Not literally.  That would look weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.