Saturday 27 October 2018

Inktober/Blogtober Crossover: Day 27





Sometimes, when I read the Inktober prompt words that are inspiring my daily blogs throughout this month, I think about the people using them as prompts for drawings or painting and wonder how on Earth they come up with anything.  Today's word is "thunder" and perhaps I'm much too literal, but my brain just went: "HOW DO YOU DRAW A SOUND?!"

Eventually, I figured most people will draw a storm.  What makes me think that?  Because I'm going to write about storms.

Some people get freaked out by stormy weather.  I can understand why; it gets dark, the thunder can be very loud and intimidating and the lightning looks incredibly intense and we all know it can be dangerous, too.

I, however, am not one of those people.  I love a storm.

There's something really lovely about being indoors, all warm, cosy and safe, whilst the weather is going crazy outside.  I find the sound of the rain lashing the windows and the wind howling outdoors weirdly soothing.  I'll sometimes sit by the window and watch the lightning as it streaks across the sky.  I find it strangely romantic to be safe and snug inside on a stormy night.




Now, you'll notice I'm talking a lot about being indoors during a storm.  I'll be honest, being outside in one thrills me a lot less.  I don't find it scary, I just find it...  Well, a bit annoying.  Wind and rain are very bad for curly hair and I'm just about paranoid enough to be slightly worried that I'll be that random statistic - a person who gets hit by lightning and dies.  Possibly whilst wearing something embarrassing, knowing my luck.

So, bring on the thunder, I say.  Just make sure I'm indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.