Wednesday 17 October 2018

Inktober/Blogtober Crossover: Day 17



What was I saying, the other day?  Something about "angular" or "whale" being challenging prompt words to write a blog on?!  Well, ignore all that, because today's word is "swollen."  

I'm starting to regret my life choices...

I'm taking this one literally, because I have a lousy head-cold and I've felt poorly all day.  What's swollen, right now?  My freaking glands.  And possibly my sinuses.  Can your sinuses be swollen?!  I don't know, I'm too full of cold to think straight.




Given that I have the bonus of being severely asthmatic, I end up with a lovely (by which I mean horrendous) swollen feeling in my chest when I have something like this, too.  Imagine, if you will, a large elephant sitting on your rib cage, whilst you desperately try to breathe in and out like a semi normal human being.  As Miranda might say: SUCH FUN!

Of course I am more than aware that plenty of people have it worse than me.  My own mother has had a nasty virus for weeks and doesn't seem able to shake it.  She's now having an allergic reaction to her pneumonia jab and is really, really poorly.  So, believe me, I'm very aware that I'm not as ill as other people are.  The trouble is, when you're exhausted and down in the dumps from feeling under the weather, knowing that others are worse off is not always enough to stop yourself feeling distinctly mopey.  

I'd like to lie down, without coughing as though I smoke ninety a day.  I'd like to get over halfway through a day before I start feeling utterly exhausted and wishing I could go to bed.  I'd like to stop waking up in the early hours of the morning, feeling as though I've accidentally swallowed razor blades in my sleep.

So, yes.  I'm feeling sorry for myself.  I guess the other thing that's currently swollen is my sense of how terribly unwell I am.

Boo to the common cold, I say.  BOO.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.